Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sent card #45

My 45th address was in the Netherlands ... oddly enough, having sent what feels like a lot of cards there ;-) this was the first time I'd be sending to Amsterdam. So that was cool, because A'dam is a great city and I've really enjoyed all my visits there.

Laura is interested in various things to do with art and culture and folklore and traditional crafts ... that set me to thinking and I dug this card out of my stash. It seemed to be perfect for Laura. :-)

This card shows a detail from one of the most magnificent items that were found in the Oseberg ship grave - a decorated bucket. :-) It's from ca 830 AD. A beautiful work of art.

I sent the card on January 11th, it had 914 kilometers to travel and arrived after seven days, on January 18th. Laura liked it a lot, so yay. :-)

2 comments:

laura said...

ggreat what you are doing with postcrossing!!
and yes I really love your card and information :-))
Greetings from Laura/ Amsterdam

Leisha Camden said...

I'm so glad you liked it so much. I really felt it was exactly the right card for you. :-)