Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sent card #20

My 20th card went to Taiwan ... to Taipei again. I'm a little ashamed to say that I don't think I can name one single other city in the whole of Taiwan. :-(

Elaine is a student and has quite a varied list of interests. I decided to send one of my own cards again, this one showing the impressive roofs of Gol stave church at the Folk Museum here in Oslo. This would fit both her interest in specific architecture and in 'distinguishing characteristics of my country' ... stave churches were once common all over Scandinavia and in the north of England as well, but are now extant only here in Norway.

As Elaine says she loves to read I told her a little bit about BookCrossing on the card as well. :-)

The card was sent on November 3rd, and it made its journey of 8,704 kilometers in 15 days to arrive on November 18th.

No comments: