Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sent card #7

The seventh address I was given was to Jine in Huzhou in China. It was a bit of a thrill to get a Chinese address, partly because it's pretty exotic to me :-) and partly because I've been to the People's Republic; I went there a few years ago and spent three weeks in various famous cities around the country. It was a fantastic holiday, one of the best in my life so far. I wrote a little bit about that to Jine.

I picked the flower card just because it was so pretty ... lovely colors. It was one of the prettiest cards I had available just then, and Jine's profile inspired me to 'choose it earnestly'. :-)

I mailed the card off on October 8th. It took 12 days to arrive, on October 20th, after travelling the impressive distance of 8,074 kilometers.

No comments: